United Methodist Women
Being a UMW member provides an opportunity to make faithful positive contributions to the lives of others while enjoying the friendship of other women. As United Methodist Women we strive to be a Christian presence in the lives of those close to us and all people wherever they live.
Purpose - The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand the concept of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. (Article 3 of the Constitution)
UMW Mission Team meets monthly on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:00 pm in the Agenda/Kee classroom (Room 15). All members are welcome to this open session
A variety of other interesting programs are offered throughout the year:
- Concerts & Desserts - attend our annual fall concert series and enjoy a selection of yummy desserts. Date & Time TBA.
- Cookie Walk - the annual December cookie walk is December 13, and is a primary fundraiser for missions. Church members donate homemade Christmas cookies which are sold by the pound just in time for the holiday season.
- Thank Offering Sunday - in February. UMW will present an uplifting and enlightening worship service. Money collected will go toward global missions supported by UMW.
- UMW Mission Night - In May, UMW hosts a mission night on a Wednesday after the TGiW season has concluded, with dinner, games & prizes.
UMW Interest Groups
- Sarah Group - Meets at Plymouth Place on the third Thursday of odd numbered months, from 9:30-11:oo am. Breakfast and a speaker or devotions are included in these meetings.
- Sew What Quilt Ministry - Women interested in quilting will enjoy this group. No experience is necessary.
- Knit Wits - Meets twice a month (first Mondays at the church, and 3rd Thursdays at a member's house) from 7:00-9:00 pm and is open to all women interested in knitting and crocheting.
- Third Thursday Reading Group - Reading books and sharing ideas provides the focus for this group.
- Bookworms - Meets the third Monday of the month from 1:00-3:00 pm to discuss a variety of books.
- Caring Callers - Remember those who are homebound or in need so they can continue to feel part of the women's group and our church.