The Music Department of FUMC La Grange has a long and varied history. We strive to not only provide music for worship, but to develop musicianship and appreciation among the members of our music ensembles.
Opportunities for adults:
- Chancel Choir - Rehearses Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00 pm in the Choir Room, under the direction of Music Director Tim Semanik. Sings during the 10:15 am Worship Service throughout the school year and monthly during the summer. Additionally sings for special holiday worship services. Open to all, ages 15 and up.
- Memorial Sanctuary Ringers Bell Choir - Rehearses Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary, under the direction of Music Director Tim Semanik. Plays once a month during the 10:15 am worship service, as well as for special services during the year. Open to anyone interested in learning to ring.
- TGiW Band - Rehearses Sunday mornings from 9:00 - 10:00 am in Fellowship Hall. Provides Contemporary-style music for the Wednesday evening worship service, and is open to anyone high school aged or older who may wish to sing or play an instrument with the band. Contact Youth Minister Hattie Koher for more information on the Band.
- Unbroken Circle - Is a Folk Band made up of interested folk musicians from the FUMC La Grange Congregation. Provides music for the Wednesday evening services in Fellowship Hall once a month. Contact Tim Semanik, our Music Director for more information on this ensemble.
Opportunities for Children & Youth:
- The Children's Choirs are under the direction of Children's Choir Director, Janelle Riopell. They perform on various Sundays throughout the year, as well as an annual Christmas Pageant. There is not a formal "sign-up" for choir. Children are enrolled as they come to the first couple rehearsals. Contact Janelle at email@example.com or through the church office, 708-352-1250, with questions.
Cherub Choir - For Children ages 2 through Kindergaren. Rehearses twice a month during Sunday School.
Children's Music Experience -
for children in K-6th grade. Rehearses on Wednesdays from 4:15-5:15 pm. We'll begin with time with chimes before singing together.
- Youth Choir - for Youth in 9th-12th grade (with a few additions from other grades!). Rehearses twice a month, Sunday evenings (5:30-6:30) in the Choir Room.
- TGiW Band - High school musicians are always welcomed in the TGiW Band! Whether you sing or play an instrument of any variety, we would love to have you join us. Contact Youth Minister Hattie - firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.